Monday, January 10, 2011

~OF DISSERTATION & DEFENSE PROPOSAL~

Have you ever feel that although you've prepared everything, but still you've turned out a failure? Aisshhh... That's what happened when you thought you're invincible just before panic attack sets in to rock your world.

I kid you not! It's not a laughing matter! But come to think it back, it was kinda funny;  me doing the hokey-poky moves and the "esteem" panels with their 'confused what-is-the-matter-with-this-girl-&-why-is-she-talk & laugh-at-the-same-time' look.

The experience really scared the hell out of me. Defense proposal is no laughing matter but it is a must process for every researchers out there. I got it but somehow my brain  tricked me into believing i was Einstein. :P

I even made check lists so I won't forget anything. Here are basically my lists that I've copied back from the "REAL" one since I myself got a fright of how doctorish my own hand-writing can be.  :P

Power points - checked
Speech, bla bla bla - checked
Hair (shampooed this morning) - checked 
Clothes (ironed the nite before) - checked
Shoes, bag, makeup kit (eh??? essential for every ladies just in case you've got lipstick stain on your teeth.. hehe), etc - checked

And the lists went on & on & on. Then again, I forgot to checked the one thing that matter the most; I forgot to bring along my brain with me that morning. Haissshhh...

So, what did I get from this whole mind-blowing-not-to-be-miss experience???? Simple. No matter how prepared you are or how 'Einstein' you feel that day, one thing is for sure, 'Mr Panic' can attack you anytime, anywhere. 

P/s - To the wonderful panels. I sincerely am sorry for the "torturous session" that both of you have to experienced. hahaha... But I would also like to express my gratefulness for the informative & straight-to-the-point critiques given  by them. I may not be Einstein now (much less Creswell, etc... huhu) but at least I am aspired to be Wonder Woman in the future... Just kidding! ;P

 

No comments: